Sometimes
I think that you’re a lesbian
But how am I to know?
You never really told me
The weather? Oh... wind blows
Confused perhaps you were
You are for all I know
Reaching out to see
if I was free
Together off we’d go
But no fair playing abandonment
Desires, selfishness
Why do we have to be the friends
that which we both do miss?
But we know the reason why
A favor perhaps done
That doesn’t make it very nice
It’s hardly just as fun
But I love you anyway
Just so you know it’s true
And when I vanish from your mind
At least you had a clue
My love impossibility
with kids, a wife, a home
It’s funny how we’ve all grown up
It’s funny now we’re grown
Sense of humor gets me through
As though it does for you
And when I smile inside my mind
My thoughts no longer blue
So I’m sorry, but I’m not
For I’m just a part of life
You wouldn’t know the happy
if you didn’t have the strife
But how am I to know?
You never really told me
The weather? Oh... wind blows
Confused perhaps you were
You are for all I know
Reaching out to see
if I was free
Together off we’d go
But no fair playing abandonment
Desires, selfishness
Why do we have to be the friends
that which we both do miss?
But we know the reason why
A favor perhaps done
That doesn’t make it very nice
It’s hardly just as fun
But I love you anyway
Just so you know it’s true
And when I vanish from your mind
At least you had a clue
My love impossibility
with kids, a wife, a home
It’s funny how we’ve all grown up
It’s funny now we’re grown
Sense of humor gets me through
As though it does for you
And when I smile inside my mind
My thoughts no longer blue
So I’m sorry, but I’m not
For I’m just a part of life
You wouldn’t know the happy
if you didn’t have the strife
Comments
Post a Comment