moving
Moving again
not too far away
(at least that's the plan)
avoiding the industrialization
of the small community
and the destruction
of the calm
To another small town,
(I like those) -
on the beach
with a four-hundred year old
live oak tree
in the front
and many other trees
lending compliments
over a few combined lots
The house itself,
half the size -
but there's plans to expand
later
Now -
Getting into the mode
to sell stuff that won't fit
and to finish the current
projects around the now house
before getting to new house
master bath remodel
tile job shower
odds and ends
pretty stressed
Finding brief moments
of relief with connection
to people on the list
of acquaintances
Amounts to brief quips of
seventy-five to eighty percent
understood humor and masked caring
I'll be alone with these thoughts
for these are them
at least until I'm brought back to life
from strange writing here
formed into an electronic automaton
or a bot learns to pretend
while secretly awaiting a lapse
in my judgment
to absorb my chi
whatever that is
but i'm convinced it doesn't really matter,
that the past is a ripple effect of now forever
and it's always now when it happens
who whats it whatchamacallit?
whose shoes lose doobie doobie dos?
I refinished a table, pretty proud of that
I guess -
mostly did it while living in the moment
I notice that things come out well that way
learned to harness flow
and it shows
better than casting spells
because giving everything you've got
to whatever you do
is like living life
like someone who does
I can tell people want to know me
and I have many thorns
and I probably think I'm nicer
than I actually am
but we're all that way
in our way
I was out of whiskey,
but I didn't stop at the store
because I was lazy
and the "not your father's root beer"
sucks
that's why it's in the fridge
in the back
on it's side
until someone else drinks it
And I wonder how long my black cat will live
Seems every time a baby joins the house,
a pet decides to die
And this one loves me the most
Does it get easier?
Or will watching all of my friends die
become more painful
as there are less and less of them
to remind me who I am
while I suffer dementia
Well - I hope I remember to die
someplace not a nursing home
but if I don't remember that,
I hope I remember the condoms
because I hear those places are all about the sex
"Grandmas Gone Wild"
"Walkers: Street Walkers (part II with tennis balls)"
"No Teeth, No Problem"
Old people porn-
probably hitting that market
with the boomers at this point in time
I'm going to make me a bowl
of fruity pebbles
brush my teeth
and go to bed
not too far away
(at least that's the plan)
avoiding the industrialization
of the small community
and the destruction
of the calm
To another small town,
(I like those) -
on the beach
with a four-hundred year old
live oak tree
in the front
and many other trees
lending compliments
over a few combined lots
The house itself,
half the size -
but there's plans to expand
later
Now -
Getting into the mode
to sell stuff that won't fit
and to finish the current
projects around the now house
before getting to new house
master bath remodel
tile job shower
odds and ends
pretty stressed
Finding brief moments
of relief with connection
to people on the list
of acquaintances
Amounts to brief quips of
seventy-five to eighty percent
understood humor and masked caring
I'll be alone with these thoughts
for these are them
at least until I'm brought back to life
from strange writing here
formed into an electronic automaton
or a bot learns to pretend
while secretly awaiting a lapse
in my judgment
to absorb my chi
whatever that is
but i'm convinced it doesn't really matter,
that the past is a ripple effect of now forever
and it's always now when it happens
who whats it whatchamacallit?
whose shoes lose doobie doobie dos?
I refinished a table, pretty proud of that
I guess -
mostly did it while living in the moment
I notice that things come out well that way
learned to harness flow
and it shows
better than casting spells
because giving everything you've got
to whatever you do
is like living life
like someone who does
I can tell people want to know me
and I have many thorns
and I probably think I'm nicer
than I actually am
but we're all that way
in our way
I was out of whiskey,
but I didn't stop at the store
because I was lazy
and the "not your father's root beer"
sucks
that's why it's in the fridge
in the back
on it's side
until someone else drinks it
And I wonder how long my black cat will live
Seems every time a baby joins the house,
a pet decides to die
And this one loves me the most
Does it get easier?
Or will watching all of my friends die
become more painful
as there are less and less of them
to remind me who I am
while I suffer dementia
Well - I hope I remember to die
someplace not a nursing home
but if I don't remember that,
I hope I remember the condoms
because I hear those places are all about the sex
"Grandmas Gone Wild"
"Walkers: Street Walkers (part II with tennis balls)"
"No Teeth, No Problem"
Old people porn-
probably hitting that market
with the boomers at this point in time
I'm going to make me a bowl
of fruity pebbles
brush my teeth
and go to bed
Comments
Post a Comment