Subconscious, your face
I dream with my eyes closed
Single fisting double cheese sticks
while sitting on the couch
Sloppy and disturbing
A ghoul for all that's left

I know what it's like to be anything
And therefore nothing at all
And if I chose to play the game
I'd win no matter the outcome
And it's not that I don't care,
But rather there's no I
Yet if I was pink as pigs,
the wings would make me fly

But where to fly?  Oh where?
We are the same,
we'd destroy one another
I'm selfish and I want to
I know you're there
at safe distance
we've thought it better that way
And not just only me
I let these words speak for us
alas it's all I have
Better to pretend crazy
than to be too true to thought
both of us
familiar with the taste
Another day, another year
Turkeys 'bout to baste.

Sounds delicious.



Comments

Popular Posts