After midnight

After midnight
alone in the bed
save the dark chocolate
and some sparkling water
So late I could be dreaming
Almost

But I'd have enough energy
if you were wondering

What do you think about?
I'm a bear of simple brain,
sex and honey for me,
and other stuff along the lines
of the transcendental object
at the end of time
I play the security game
well enough,
but that's about it.
Of course, molding
the young minds
I'm tops.
But only because it's the best.
And sharing with those I love
has always been easy.

So call this what you will
And perhaps that's what this is.
But then again, how many eyes are there?
Does this speak to you?
Or to someone else?

I'll be at the Riverwalk
in September
At a hotel, at the bar
On a Thursday after dark
There will be drinks
and appetizers
and maybe you
but maybe not

So, find a reason to go
or find a reason not to
It would never be enough time
But we'd love every minute...
on the evening of the 22nd.

A worthy comment
with meaning,
Gets the name of the hotel

A poor comment
without soul,
Gets the name of the wrong hotel.

And should I dine
and drink alone,
I'll write here
on that evening,
an ode to lonesomeness
while drinking to melancholy,
and not having to share
delicious appetizers

Comments

Popular Posts