Wex
Oh Wex...
It was so hard trying to feed you
you didn't eat
but you drank water
you drank a lot of it
to chase that pill we had you on
to help you
but you were losing weight
and then you started throwing up
and having the shits
And man, that stuff was stinky
We took you back for more tests
there were only more tests to do
and none of it looked promising
I made the decision to end your life
and made the call to schedule it
It was one of the hardest moments
just calling to set up such an appointment
I showed up and stayed in the car
sobbing about my last moments
what they would be like with you
until I finally mustered up enough
composure to enter the building.
But it wasn't nearly enough tough guy machismo
my eyes watered constantly in that place
I said good-bye, for everyone
I held you close and kissed you
many many times
I reassured you
and as your purring ceased
and before you were gone
you knew that I was with you
and that you'll always be with me
No one leaves the vet smiling
with an empty collar in their hand.
I love you Wex. Best cat I've ever known.
It was so hard trying to feed you
you didn't eat
but you drank water
you drank a lot of it
to chase that pill we had you on
to help you
but you were losing weight
and then you started throwing up
and having the shits
And man, that stuff was stinky
We took you back for more tests
there were only more tests to do
and none of it looked promising
I made the decision to end your life
and made the call to schedule it
It was one of the hardest moments
just calling to set up such an appointment
I showed up and stayed in the car
sobbing about my last moments
what they would be like with you
until I finally mustered up enough
composure to enter the building.
But it wasn't nearly enough tough guy machismo
my eyes watered constantly in that place
I said good-bye, for everyone
I held you close and kissed you
many many times
I reassured you
and as your purring ceased
and before you were gone
you knew that I was with you
and that you'll always be with me
No one leaves the vet smiling
with an empty collar in their hand.
I love you Wex. Best cat I've ever known.
Comments
Post a Comment